This ginger is an heirloom variety native to Sri Lanka and tastes sweet like honey and peppery-spicy. Ground into a powder that's somewhere between fluffy cotton candy and grainy sand.
Tastes sweet, spicy and intense.
- Heirloom ginger variety native to Sri Lanka
- Grown using organic farming practices
How to use
Start with 1 tsp in place of 1 inch fresh ginger and adjust up or down according to taste. This ginger is much more potent and intense than store-bought ginger powder!
- Stir into curries, soups, stews, achaar and chutney
- Make chai tea, turmeric latte and other hot beverages
- Add to smoothies, desserts and candy
- Make the perfect cup of ginger tea: Add 1 tsp to 1 cup water and bring to a rolling boil. Add 1 black tea bag (we like English Breakfast or Orange Pekoe), cover and steep for 3 minutes.