Ceylon cinnamon is the bark from the Cinnamon Verum tree and tastes very different from more readily available cassia cinnamon, and yet preserves that cinnamon flavor you love in cinnamon buns and cookies. A truly rare find!
Tastes floral and warm with notes of honey and crystallized ginger.
- Heirloom variety native to Sri Lanka
- Organically grown
1.5 oz bag has 5-6 five-inch sticks.
Great uses for whole Ceylon cinnamon
- Use anywhere you would use regular cinnamon sticks
- Stir into savory dishes like soups, chili, curries, stir fry and sauces to elevate combined flavors
- Make chai tea from scratch
- Combine with other spices and herbs for your own homemade tea blends
- Chew on a piece as a natural breath freshener
- Make fresh cinnamon tea: Crush one Ceylon cinnamon stick using a spice grinder or by hand (substitute 1 tablespoon ground Ceylon cinnamon) and add to 1 cup of boiling water. Steep, covered, for 10 minutes. Strain and enjoy.